New Procedures for Patients during Covid-19
We have made some changes to keep you safe and continue to support your needs with acupuncture.
Before your appointment
If you or someone you live with develops symptoms of Covid-19 before your appointment please contact us. You will have to self isolate for 10 days after your symptoms start or for 14 days if someone you live with tests positive. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
At your appointment
- We have spaced out patient arrivals and departures so all visitors to the clinic can be socially distanced.
- The waiting room is not being used at the present time. Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment and wait in your car until we ring you.
- Please wear a face covering. We can provide one if you forget to bring one. Let the practitioner know in advance if you have difficulty wearing a mask.
- Only take what you need for the appointment – avoid bringing bags etc.
- All visitors to the clinic will be asked to maintain a two-metre distance from other people in the clinic at all times.
- Please come alone for the appointment unless you require assistance – let us know ahead of the treatment session if you do.
- We will check your temperature on entering the clinic ask you to use hand sanitiser.
- If you can avoid using the toilet facilities that would be helpful – however they are available if you need to use them and are sanitised after use.
- If you need to sneeze or cough while in the clinic, use a disposable tissue and clean your hands after doing so. Tissues are provided in the treatment room.
- The treatment room is fully sanitised and ventilated before patients arrive.
- You are asked to wear loose fitting clothing for your treatment. Towels will not be available at this time, but you can bring one if you prefer.
- The acupuncturist will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) of apron, gloves and face mask for your protection and may don protective eyewear when treating around the head and face.
- Payment by card, ideally contactless, is preferred. If you wish to pay by cash, please ensure you have the correct amount as it will not be possible to provide change at the present time.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser when leaving the clinic.
We hope that the changes will not interfere with the good service you expect from us but rather assure you that we have your health and safety at the core of all we do. We look forward to welcoming you back into the practice.